Friday 18 April 2014

Last Minute Meal - Alfredo Pasta for 2

Sometimes when it gets to the end of the shopping week and there isn't much food around and it's been a busy day I have to find something quick and easy for dinner. When this happens I turn to Alfredo Pasta. It's so easy and still tastes good! This was one of the first things I learnt to make when I left home as my housemate at the time gave me the recipe!



Alfredo Pasta for 2

Ingredients: 
  • 250g Pasta
  • 25g Butter
  • 150ml Cream
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese 
  • Pinch of Nutmeg (or more to taste)
  • salt and pepper to taste
 Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.

Heat butter and 2/3 of the cream in  a large frying pan. simmer for about 5 minutes.

Add the pasta to the warmed cream and toss to coat. Add the remaining Cream and slowly add the Parmesan stirring as you go to ensure it melts evenly. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper, toss again and serve immediately.

I serve it with more nutmeg and some pepper sprinkled on top but my husband prefers more Parmesan.

Have a great Easter everyone!    

No comments:

Post a Comment