Saturday 14 May 2016

10 things that have made me happy this week

Source
Somehow it got to Saturday already... Sorry for the late post, I seem to have spent all of this week feeling like I'm a day behind in everything. It's been a busy week and I'm really looking forward to a lazy weekend at home featuring good books, TV show marathons and endless cups of tea (and probably catching up on all the house work I didn't get done during the week). In the midst of all the busy heres what made me happy this week:


  1. Pink nail varnish that's lasted since Tuesday without chipping.
  2. A very cuddly cat keeping my lap warm on cold evenings.
  3. Finally finding a breed of dog Mark and I both agree on (now we just need a house big enough for yet another furry friend)
  4. The slow but steady progress of organising this house - seeing that extra shelf sorted or seasonal decor sorted and packed away in unbelievably satisfying.
  5. Warm puddings - they might just be store bought puddings and pies but the hot fruit and warm pastries satisfy my in a way summer desserts never do (bonus points for combining it with cold melting ice cream)
  6. Freshly dyed hair - nothing beats the vibrant shade of red in the first few weeks after a colour, not to mention how lovely and soft it is after a nice condition.
  7. Leisurely scrolling through the archives of some of my favourite blogs during my afternoon tea break (my current selection in What Olivia Did, A Clothes Horse and Cider with Rosie)
  8. Getting into a routine with blogging - while it's early days yet I'm loving spending a bit more time writing and focusing on some of the things I enjoy, even when I'm busy!
  9. $3 sale socks and stockings - as winter approaches I find myself stocking up on the cold weather basics, it's lovely to find a bargain and it enabled me to make a cheeky extra purchase of a blanket coat.
  10. Pub meals after a long day at work - sometimes it's just wonderful to let someone else do the cooking for once!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned!
A xx

*** Happy sharing inspired by Rosie ***

No comments:

Post a Comment