Friday 17 June 2016

10 things that have made me happy this week

source
I really try to make these post positive and not focus on the negatives, however today was about the worst day I've ever had at work and positivity is a little light on the ground. After 15 minutes notice to get to work I then had about 30 seconds notice before being thrown into a situation which I have no training and no experience in. By my self. To say I was out of my depth would be an understatement. Now I'm taking a deep breath and trying to remind myself that it's not the end of the world and I survived. Just. Now to remind myself the good things that happened this week, here goes:


  1. My Modcloth order arriving this afternoon - exactly the cheer up I needed after today, plus it's been cold enough the last few days that I've been crying out for the warm winter coat I ordered. 
  2. The storm passing before Thursday's yard duty - so happy the rain cleared and I didn't have to be out in it!
  3. Messages from some lovely friends checking in on me - I spend a lot of time 'meaning to' contact people and then just forgetting about it or not getting around to it so I'm always grateful when someone contacts me (Thanks for picking up the slack guys!)
  4. Anticipating a cheese platter dinner and a glass of my beloved Alicante Bouchet.
  5. Finishing The Raven King - I've been anticipating it's release for years and when I finally got my hands on a copy I read it in about 2 days. 
  6. Watching The Court Jester with Mark - I loved introducing him to a film that holds such fond memories from my childhood.
  7. The roasted capsicum and feta pasta sauce I made for dinner on Tuesday night - so easy but so so good. 
  8. Labelling storage containers in preparation for organising the pantry - yes, I'm that kind of lame that labelling things makes me happy! (I may or may not have labelled the cat while I was at it)
  9. Chats with my father that never address the things we need to organise because we end up just talking about everything else - not overly productive but just what I needed on the day. 
  10. Curling up on the couch with a cup of tea and End of Watch - another final instalment of a series I have loved, I'm lapping it up at every opportunity and stolen moment. 


Whew. That was hard today. I'm off to have a lazy weekend around home and revel in the blissful mundane. Hope it's a happy one for you all.
A xx
*** Happy sharing inspired by Rosie ***

No comments:

Post a Comment