Tuesday 5 July 2016

Introducing: Daisy

This is Daisy:

Daisy is the only one of the bunnies that I bought, I had found Hutchinson about 5 months prior to meeting her and, rabbits being such social souls, he seemed a bit lonely. I found Daisy through work, I took part in the Animal Learning Centre at the Gawler Show and she was not only one of the bunnies we had at the show but one of the bunnies we borrowed a few weeks prior to the show to teach the kids how to handle the rabbits. Due to our timetables I ended up babysitting her in my office for the rest of the day - it was clearly love so I organised to buy her after the Show. Here's what you need to know about her:


  • Daisy and Hutchinson are a bonded pair meaning they are very much in love and would be depressed if they were separated. 
  • Daisy is named after Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby.
  • Despite the origins of her name we call her Miss Daisy Darling because I didn't want her to think she should be a beautiful fool, plus she is a darling.
  • I was assured by the breeder that she is a dwarf lop but her ears never lopped, they range from standing all the way up to sticking straight out like an aeroplane. 
  • The first day I met her she ended up sitting on my lap in my office as I marked maths test - it was the best time I've ever had marking!
  • Daisy is definitely the dominant one in her relationship, although she does let Hutchinson get his way occasionally just to keep the peace.
  • Daisy's favourite food is the mint flavoured pellets they get for breakfast.
I'll leave you with some photos ranging from that first day in my office through to some quite recent ones.









No comments:

Post a Comment