Sunday 9 October 2016

Pinterest Recipe Roundup - Peanut Butter (or Substitute)

L-R: Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie // Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chicken // Thai Cashew Coconut Rice With Ginger Peanut Sauce // Thai Peanut Sauce

I can't eat peanuts. I'm allergic or intolerant or something - I honestly can't remember the difference between allergies and intolerances and it doesn't much matter, I can't eat them. I'm not that bad and I do remember eating peanut dishes as a kid without too much trouble (though I could never eat actual peanuts) but as I've gotten older even things containing peanuts have made me very uncomfortable! So began my quest for a substitute. I have tried everything from nut free substitutes (that tasted something like mushy cardboard) to various other nut butters and some were ok (if very pricey) but none of them quite got that peanut butter taste. Enter Kraft Almond Spread, is it the healthy option? No way! Is it the most like the peanut butter I grew up with? Most definitely. This product fills all my peanut buttery needs without me needing to ingest a single peanut, and that's a win! Enter all the peanut butter recipes (including glorious peanut sauce) that I haven't been able to eat in years - let the experimenting begin! Frankly I'm quite excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment