Friday 18 November 2016

Pupdate: Akela


When I first did my 'introducing' post for Akela I had had him for about a week and he was only about 10 weeks old. Now he is just past 5 months old and has been part of our lives for about 3 months I thought I would give you a little update on his progress. Here's what you need to know:


  • He now weighs over 20kg and stands at 60cm tall (to the withers)
  • His tail and ears are both still too large for his body.
  • He is very smart and is picking up commands and general obedience very well - his puppy destruction has mostly been confined to cardboard and papers.
  • He is very vocal and lets us know if anyone walks past the back gate or comes to the mailbox.
  • He is quickly learning his own strength and to change it based on his opponent - he is very gentle when he plays with Jack but knows how to rough and tumble when he's playing with a larger friend.
  • He now sleeps most of the night through, only getting up once to go outside.
  • he's very snuggly and thinks he's a big lap dog... I may encourage him a bit! 























No comments:

Post a Comment